Tuesday 27 January 2015

The world's greatest mac and cheese

Well, this is now official, the macaroni and cheese my wife found out in a Rose Elliot book is really the greatest macaroni and cheese in the whole world. Well, I am exaggerating, what I mean is that we made it during the Christmas holidays to my family and they loved it. It was strange, because we didn't do it so well on that occasion. But it impressed my parents enough to try it for themselves. We had given them the recipe, which you can find on this post. My mum used Cracker Barrel cheese on top. Anyway, for no better reason that it now crossed the Atlantic and it was a roaring success in the family, I am plugging it again, with a picture my father took of their version. This is, in my opinion, the world's greatest mac and cheese.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks and sounds amazing! Perfect winter supper!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Okay, challenge accepted. It sounds like it has a million gazillion calories, but I am going to make it and report back to you whether I agree that it is the world's best mac-and-cheese. But I can tell you right now that I'm leaving out the capers and the nutmeg.

Nellie said...

Yum! I love macaroni and cheese! Incidentally, all evidence of snow was gone by midday here. That's the way it is where we are located.

Cynthia said...

Rahhh j'aimerais tellement être non-handicapée de la main et pouvoir essayer cette recette!

Guillaume said...

Thank you all for commenting! I knew this post would become popular.
@Debra-If you leave the capers out, it might not be the greatest anymore. It needs capers.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hey Guillaume, I made your recipe last night! My Rare One and I loved it! So very rich and cheesy -- the Boursin cheese gave it a terrific flavour. I used the Herb and Garlic kind. But NO CAPERS. I cannot abide capers so even if that knocks it down a bit on your scale, I stuck to my principles, LOL. Thanks for the great recipe!