Tuesday 11 November 2014

Clementime!

I know, I know, what a lousy word play, and not even a new one: I used it two years ago. But, it is this time of year when clementines are available. The fruit that is my main source of vitamins C until Christmas. I love clementines, everything about them really. It is one of the few things I look forward to about November, the thing that makes me forget of the greyness and austerity of this dreary month, it makes me patient until the holidays, which I consider clementines to be one of its earliest signs. I love the color and its smell, it has something both soothing and energizing. Oh and its taste! Nothing can beat it. I bought this box at Marks & Spencer. More for the look it would have on the blog than anything else: there are not many clementines in it. In Montreal, I used to buy proper wooden boxes full of them.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Are mandarin oranges called clementines in England? I always thought they were two separate kinds of oranges. Our stores are full of mandarins too, from China. They're not as good as the ones from Japan, in my opinion.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

we eat them everyday this time of year.

Nellie said...

I must agree with you! They are delicious!

Ms Misantropia said...

I LOVE clementines/satsumas - and I had actually never heard that word joke before :) One year I ate so many that I got rashes around my eyes (7-8 a day, I learned it could be C-vitamine poisoning, but I think it was probably all the pesticides...).