Wednesday 19 February 2014

Train journeys by the river

Because of the recent and ongoing flooding, I am forced to take an earlier train to go to work. it is the only way to avoid getting late from work. It has been going on for about a week now. I wake up earlier, I walk to the train station, running a bit sometimes to be sure I don't miss it, then I sit down in an almost empty train. It has advantages however. Because I arrive at work earlier, I can leave work earlier if I do the hours, so I have shorter lunch breaks. Of course, the trains do not always run on time. But then I can read more, on the journey to and from work and at home, when there are still daylights outside. And there is also the Thames river. Flooded, but beautiful to behold all the same. I am lucky to be able to see the beast without suffering from it. That said, I will be glad when things turn back to normal.

No comments: