Saturday 8 February 2014

Green comfort

This green jumper is a bit less than fifteen years old. Mum bought it to me for Christmas. It is old, worn out, has been repaired a number of times and of course it is out of fashion. All the same, every time I go home, where it now stays, I wear it. It still fits me, for one and I find it warm and comfortable. In fact, it is maybe the most comfortable jumper I ever wore. Oh and I love wearing green clothes, for some reason. This jumper is perfect for cold autumn and winter days. Sometimes I am tempted to bring it back with me, but I find it better to lay there on the shelves in my old bedroom, the witness of a past I can revisit every time I go home. And this is also part of the comfort it gives me. The best clothes are the ones that are not only clothes.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

this is the sweetest clothes post i've ever read!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The comfy old clothes are often the best! I'm wearing comfy old Spiderman pj pants right now!

TMI?

Louise said...

Quand j'étais petite, nous portions ce que nous appelions un jumper mais il s’agissait d’une tunique portée sur une blouse ou un chandail. Pour ce qui est de ton jumper, ma mère appelait ça un turtle neck!
Et les vêtements confort, que dire, ils nous identifient et nous rassurent. Nous les aimons jusqu’au dernier fil!