Thursday 26 September 2013

Walking on autumn leaves

This picture was taken last year in October, we are still in September the leaves have not fallen nearly as much and they are not nearly as colourful, but nevertheless, the leaves have started falling. It is another manifestation of autumn, one I love. It makes me forget that the temperature is a bit on the warm side these days. Whenever I can, I walk on the autumn leaves. I have an anecdote to tell about it, I hope I never blogged it before. Back in my university years in Montreal, my first year in fact, a friend/acquaintance of mentioned that her attitude towards autumn leaves on the ground indicated to every single Montrealer that she was a weirdo from outside the city (she was from Trois-Rivières if I remember correctly): she used to scoop the leaves with her feet with enthusiasm. This is such a regional, out of big city, countryside, borderline barbaric habit. I should know, I have it too. Walking on autumn leaves, kicking them when they are in piles, it is just some of the simple autumnal pleasures that I look forward to every year.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it's just another one of the things i love about fall! have you seen this: http://octoberfarm.blogspot.com/2013/09/pear-fritters.html

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oops...i don't think you want my pear recipe. sorry! here is the one i meant to send: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E7uiRCVms0

PJ said...

En ville, il faut faire attention aux tas de marde qui peuvent se cacher sous les feuilles.

Gwen Buchanan said...

that's fun... it is the good part of the leaves falling.. I will think happy thoughts on that account... but not about the cold weather that will come.