Saturday 18 May 2013

The Wind in the Willows

I took this picture last weekend, you can see a willow (duh!) on the other side of the Thames.I took a few snapshots with my phone for the "photo du mois", something I do with the fellow French speaking blogging community. The theme this month was water, so well, I tried to take as many decent pics as I could from my poor phone camera. You can see the one chosen here. I did not use this one, because I wanted it to upload it on a different occasion. With the breeze that was on and the willow, the image obviously reminded me of The Wind in the Willows. I have never read the original children's book of Kenneth Grahame, but as a child I LOVED the stop-motion TV series they had made. So young, and already nostalgic. I say this as the stories had a very nostalgic feel. I don't think I saw the original movie, but I can find it on YouTube. I still get goosebumps listening to the credit theme song, which I have decided to upload here.

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

I like your photos Guillaume... the water looks high and quite fast.