Saturday 7 April 2012

Musing on pub crowds

Before dinner, I went to a pub (the local Irish pub) for a quick drink. I thought taking the apéritif would be nice. I had a real ale, only half a pint, then another one in another pub. And then I went to Wimpy's and it was maybe a mistake because now I feel full. But anyway, the first crowd was very crowded, there was some sport on TV, I think it was cricket but I could be wrong. It could have been anything, I am indifferent to sports on TV. I once blogged a bit about pub crowds. Unlike that time when I went with my friends from the acting class, this evening I went alone.I love pubs, but I always find it a strange experience when I am not, or no more, a regular.

I have been a regular in only a few pubs/bars in my life. You know when you are one if the staff knows you by your name and if you can talk to the people around you as well, if you know them, at least a bit, enough for a conversation. I literally just ordered a drink, drank it and that's it. I don't know if one can see if someone does not belong to the crowd.

No comments: