Sunday 11 March 2012

Music for a mellow evening (from The Wire)

This is a fight the Sunday evening melancholia post. I am trying to treat the springtime cold I have and to fight the Sunday melancholia. I spent the whole weekend watching episodes of The Wire. Always a pleasure to watch it, I enjoy it more than movies. And then it struck me: the end credit music is really nice, smooth and mellow. It's perfect background music when you are tired, or you are not feeling well, or when it is Sunday and you are feeling melancholic, or for all of these reasons. So I thought I would upload it here. It is Sunday for everyone after all. I strongly suggest that you listen to the ending credits at the end of an episode. But until then, you can always appreciate it on its own.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This music is beautiful, and haunting. I have never seen the show, but now I have heard the music:-)

Anonymous said...

This music is beautiful, and haunting. I have never seen the show, but now I have heard the music:-)