Wednesday 1 February 2012

A walk in the snow

I had my very first proper walk in the snow today. Just a few minutes in the morning, but still. When I was walking in the drizzling English rain I looked like an otter, today with my black Kanuk coat I looked like a black bear in the snow. It was a short but nice experience: the smell of the snow and cold air, that gets on the clothes, the slight cracking of the snow underneath my feet, the immaculate white coat all around me. Proper snow and proper winter time. This is one good thing about going where the water is deep: Montreal is mainly icy, but Chicoutimi has a real winter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds magical.

PJ said...

C'est en retournant à Chicout à Noël que j'ai renoué avec le vrai frette sec qui frappe en plein visage immédiatement mais qui reste, lorsque bien couvert de partout, plus confortable que l'insidieux pseudo-frette humide qui pénètre graduellement dans les muscles sous la peau (et non à sa surface) qu'on ressent dans les coins qui n'ont pas de vrai hiver. À Montréal on n'a pas frette, on est inconfortable. C'est pas la même chose. La respiration n'est jamais douloureuse. Le vrai frette, ça revigore.

Cynthia said...

PJ à Paris on est 1000 fois plus inconfortable, le froid ne nous quitte plus: il nous habite!