Friday 17 February 2012

This Friday's sandwich treat: the usual

I played it safe this Friday for the sandwich treat. I ordered the usual: smoked salmon baguette, tomatoes, lettuce, red onions, horseradish sauce, salt, pepper, a bit of lemon juice. Coca Cola and cashew nuts on the side. It was nice, enjoyable even, but I felt underwhelmed. A week and and a day ago I was eating smoked salmon bagels from St-Viateur. Now that is a though act to follow. I couldn't help but compare. Sure, the Brits know where to get good salmon. No question about it. I cannot honestly say if Canadian salmon is better than the Scottish one. I am not that much of a connoisseur. But a plain baguette sure is no bagel from St-Viateur. I mean neither the bagels nor the baguettes here can compete with a bagel from St-Viateur! I mean a wrap from Folie en Vrac would have been better too, but eating a salmon baguette a few days after a salmon bagel from St-Viateur is simply a recipe for an attack of homesickness. I guess I asked for it.

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

There is nothing in the world like a Montreal bagel!!!