Thursday 6 January 2011

Many epiphanies

It is the Epiphany today and I thought at first that I would put here another Nativity Scene picture (I had one ready, a pic I took back in 2009), but I thought I had seen enough of Christmas pics for the time being. It is January and I want the blog to change colour and mood a bit. So I am going to blog about the feeling of epiphany. I blogged about it before, but in one's life there are many moments of epiphany. A major epiphany for me was discovering Anthony Burgess. But there were others. I can think of a few, at the top of my head:

-When I discovered that I loved opera, listening to Carmen as a child.
-When I discovered Don Giovanni.
-Years later, when I started learning opera.
-When I discovered that I did not believe in God anymore. It was a gradual process, but there were many little moments of epiphany in it. I might blog about it one day.
-When I discovered that I could actually act and learn lines. I still know very little about acting, I am not grasping 1% of the complexities of the art, but knowing that I could be someone else and know the lines as they came naturally to me was a huge revelation. It was like unclogging a part of my mind.
-There was also a more dramatic and unpleasant moment of epiphany, collective this time, when 9/11 happened.

Writing about those, I wonder if I will live an epiphany this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Je vous le souhaite :-)