Friday 14 January 2011

Find where this quote is from

I challenged my readers twice, on this post and that one, to find where I got the expression "that pain that does not hurt enough". The exact quote, translated by myself, is this: "I would rather have a hundred bites, rather have the whip, rather vitriol, than this suffering of the head, this ghost of suffering, that grazes, that caresses and that never hurts enough." So I am challenging you again, especially the acting buffs among you, to find where I got it from.

Some clues to help you:

-It is originally in French (well, duh!).
-It is from a play.
-It is a classic.
-I never played in it, but I saw it performed once (in English), by students in philosophy.

-If you are really desperate, you can find it on Selfari at your right.

Of course, when I used I was being overly dramatic, shamelessly using a classic for something that was borderline self-pity. Anyway, it is a great French play I took this from. One I hope I will play it one day.

1 comment:

PJ said...

Je citerai Homer Simpson, pour donner un indice aux autres: "Well Scooby-doo can doo-doo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter!"